Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscars

A shout out to all my girls (and Travis) in San Francisco. Sorry we couldn't be together tonight, but please know that I am thinking of all of you, and missing you very much.

If we were together, we would be drinking champagne cocktails, eating good Trader Joe's appetizers, and most of all enjoying each other's company.

Oh, and making snarky comments about what everyone was wearing. So, to get that part started, in absentia, here's the website to the Red Carpet: http://oscar.com/redcarpet/

Looking forward to hearing what you ladies have to say. Love you.

5 comments:

Trav said...

Thanks for the shout out! I was thinking of you last night as well, missing your Oscar parties. I didn't get to watch the Oscars, but I did go see Juno-- the only Oscar-nominated film I managed to watch this year. I loved it, especially the writing, so I was thrilled to see Diablo Cody win for best screenplay. Which leads me nicely to my red carpet commentary... what the hell was that leopard-print dress she was wearing? At least I can take comfort in knowing that her image is just as quirky and eccentric as I would have hoped, given her very original writing talents.

Things I May Regret Writing said...

Katie, I was thinking of you too last night! And without you here, I totally forgot to watch the Oscars. But I went to the website you linked, and I feel confident I can judge others well.

Unlike Travis, I liked Diablo Cody. I thought the leopard was in line with her personality, very punky and hipster.

LOVED Amy Adams. The green, the little gold bag. She reminded me of the Little Mermaid, who I love like a sister.

Also loved Jessica Alba, great color, and I always like a bare neck. I'm also partial to pregnant ladies on the red carpet.

A lot of red on the ladies this year. A lot of black too.

Is Daniel Day-Lewis wearing brown suede shoes with a black tux???! Awful. But I really loved him in There Will Be Blood, go see it.

I like Cameron Diaz a lot. I love that she always looks so relaxed, California girl. And the pink was so refreshing from all the reds.

Hate Colin Farrell's double breasted tux and bad hair.

I usually really love Jennifer Garner and Anne Hathaway, and they don't look bad, but I think they both could have done better. Jennifer, looked a little bleak in black, and the hair felt floofy. Anne, not crazy about the roses poof, and the red color kind of make her look like a lovely vampire.

Heidi Klum- WHOA Nelly! What is she even doing at the Oscars?

Hilary Swank, gorgeous.

Wasn't Julie Christie in Dr. Zhivago? And she looks like she's in her 30s or 40s??? She's hot.

FAVORITE Woman- Katherine Heigl. So lively and vibrant and not stuffy compared to everyone else. She looks like she walked off the page of Marilyn Monroe Playboy.

WORST woman- Tilda Swinton, but she has an androgynous style that is her own, so I don't blame her.

Favorite man- I always say George Clooney. But this time I'll say Steve Carrell, because I love him, and Forest Whitaker, because he did a double breasted right and I like him. Also, I thought P. Diddy did an unusual vest well. I like to give props to men who try different things.

Worst man- Daniel Day-Lewis's brown shoes.

P.S. This was fun. I miss Katie.

Jamie Tadlock said...

I was definitely thinking of you last night!! I LOVED Heidi Klum's dress.... oh god she was amazing! Who was your fav?? xoxoox

The Mays said...

It just wouldn't be the oscars without Katie's Oscar Party, so I boycotted them this year!

margo said...

I missed the Oscars. Our car broke down after I talked to you. We didn't even make it home until noon the next day. But I have checked out some of the photos from the link and would like my opinion to be known on the following:

Steve Carrell's wife's dress reminds me of my wedding dress. But if I got to go to the Oscars, I'd probably wear my wedding dress because it's my nicest dress. But she has options and no reason to wear a wedding dress to the Oscars.

Why are all these guys wearing custom tuxes by famous designers that look like plain old tuxes?

Diablo Cody's dress is just not flattering. But she used to be a stripper, so maybe that's what she was going for.

I agree with perfect like mommy about Cameron Diaz. I bet she is one of the happiest celebrities, and when you're not faking it, you just don't have to fake it. (Hear that Nicole Kidman?)

Are Calista Flockhart and Harrison Ford still together?

Heidi Klum's motto for the night was something like, "Go big or go home." She looked great.

Michael Moore's date looked like she wore an old prom dress from the 80s. It belongs on www.uglydress.com

Kelly Preston looked fantastic.

Was Wolfgang Puck working the kitchen that night? What's with the chef's get-up?

And just to be reminded what all these people would look like without stylists, be sure to check out www.planethiltron.com. In fact, I think it deserves its own blog entry, ahem.